Monday, July 7, 2008

Returning to RMC!

Today was my first day back to work! All you working mom's out there understand the nerves and emotion that goes along with making a commitment to returning to a career. I am so blessed to have a career that I can return to part-time and a mother who is willing and excited to stay with Eli while I'm gone. The build-up to the 1st day back was way worse than the actual day. There were no tears as I left, but I was so excited to see Eli when I got home that I couldn't help but tear up! Of course I called 3 times in 7 hours to check on him so I knew he was doing great! :) Tonite, Eli and I prayed for all you fulltime moms out there with fulltime careers! May God bless you with a clear vision of how to balance career, family, and faith!



7 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How sweet! I know that you missed being with him!

Heather Robinette said...

Though it was quite a few years ago, I can still remember how I felt when I left both of my boys for the first time to go back to school/work. You are very lucky to have your mom! I don't know what I would do without mine, they are such blessings to us! I am glad you are able to only go back part time. Enjoy Eli...before you know it he will be a teenager!

Tara said...

You are very lucky to have your Mom to keep him! I remember that day all too well, I was a nervous wreck all day. You are right we are VERY LUCKY to only have to work part time!

Amy Griffin said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Mama's that are willing and able to watch our children. It is hard but it's also some of the only moments I don't worry about them. Congrats on making it through the day and I am sure Eli will have some great memories with your mom...Ella almost talked my mom into buying her a chicken yesterday!

Kelly said...

Good for you! Part time will be a great thing! Full time is definitely hard. That is why I started staying home after going back full time for 6 months:)

Natalie said...

Hey Girl!!! I am sooooo glad you sent this link to me! Eli is absolutely precious! I wish I could hold him in person. I've got some back reading to do on your blog! Keep posting those pictures!

Allison said...

You are so lucky to be able to work part time and get the best of both worlds! It gets easier, and you will adjust and balance everything just fine. You are so blessed to have your mom to keep him. Elik and I don't know what we would do without my Mom's help when we need her. We are fortunate to have the daycare we have - they love ourchildren so much and it is a Christian environment - it is the next best thing to being at home.