Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Cole Bucket!!!

Okay, so I planned this big post for yesterday, but obviously it did not happen. So before I get ANOTHER day behind... Happy Birthday Cousin Cole!!! I cannot believe that you are now 1! We have so enjoyed watching you GROW and change this past year. You are such a blessed little boy and I know that you are already starting to discover what a joy it is to be surrounded by such loving family and friends! :)

So Kellye planned a wonderful Birthday Extravaganza weekend including an Italian family dinner with homemade ice cream (thanks Big Daddy Sam), as well as an incredible Birthday cookout for the entire Owings and Hinch families and friends! It was a large undertaking, but Kel was up to the challenge and it turned out fantabulously. Kellye also took this week off from work to spend with Cole (and to recover from the weekend, HA). So today we loaded up the boys, along with our friend Emily Belitz and her boys and headed to the zoo. We had a great time and the boys behaved so well! Eli even fell asleep in his carrier, allowing me to push Connard in the stroller for a few minutes (yes, I am so ready for #2). Great time, but I am exhausted! I love the zoo! Here's some pics from Cole's Birthday and I will post zoo pics later!

Cole and his AWESOME whale cake that his Gramma Vic made
Cole was not shy in destroying his cake
All the kids were interested in seeing what great toys Cole got from all his friends and family
Sailor was so impressed with the ball popper (Jay was secretly plotting for Joe to go push the button to make the balls shoot out. Isn't he mean!!!)
All those toys and Cole is playing with a water bottle?
Keith said this is the last birthday party for at least 5 years!!!



5 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Looks like he had a great party! Look at all of those fun toys!

Tara said...

That cake is amazing! She did a wonderful job! It looks like you all had a great time. The 1st birthday is a big undertaking and I am already starting to plan Connors 2nd wondering what I have gotten myself into. Ha!

Tyler & Adrianne Kruse said...

I loved your comment about being ready for #2! Oh my gosh girl, do it. It is the time of your life!!! I overheard Tyler telling a friend today that having 2 means Daddys have to step it up. Eli is so adorable. He looks like Jay in one picture and then like you in the next. So cute! Take care!

Amy Griffin said...

The ball popper is one of our favorites. They still play with it! They will change their minds about the parties...they do feel a bit overwhelming at first! Congrats on a turning 1 Cole!!

hornefamily said...

Happy Birthday Cole. Kellye was quite the party planner. Looks like everyone had a great time.