Oh my! What a BIG weekend we had in Tennessee! This weekend the RCHS Class of 98' celebrated our 10 year highschool reunion, Kingston played Rockwood in Friday night football, and it was the home opener for UT football! It was wonderful, but exhausting. I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. :) The reunion was Saturday night in Knoxville, and it was the first time I had left Eli overnight. He slept better than I did since I kept waking up wondering how he was doing at Gram and Granddaddy's! But the reunion was well worth it! It was awesome to get to see so many of my classmates. Some of them I hadn't seen since we graduated. There were a few surprises, but it was neat to see that most of us hadn't changed! I worked the check-in table at the beginning of the evening and did have a scary moment when I didn't have a clue who one guy was... I was shuffling through papers trying to find a name and finally I recognized it. (I even let out a quiet "help" which went unheeded by Allison and Mindy!) Whew! We had a delicious dinner and tons of fun out on the dance floor. Can you believe that I did not take ONE picture? Fortunately, Carrie had hired a lady to take pics. I can't wait to get that slideshow! Everyone looked fabulous and I think better than highschool! Jay and I also went to the UT game. Thank goodness we whooped up on UAB!!! The game was great, the only downer being the "boo-birds". Shame on you TN fans for booing your own team!!! (It made me so mad and embarrased!) Here's some pics from our football weekend!
Here is Eli and I geared up for the Kingston/Rockwood football game! We only had one meltdown (with real tears). He did great and even got to meet Cade and Briley! Cade is the son of one of my favorite friends from highschool Kelly Linville! And Briley is Bryan and Brandi Crouse's daughter! I get to keep up with these kiddo's in the blogging world, but it was wonderful to get to see them in person!
The fam before we left Eli to head up to Knoxville on Saturday! Thanks Gram and Granddaddy for taking such great care of Eli for us!
The pregame at Neyland Stadium is my absolute favorite part! I get so excited, especially at the first home game of the season! There is nothing like the "Power T" and Rocky Top!
I don't know if you can see... but I was so impressed when many of the players went straight to the bench on the sidelines after running out to kneel and pray. I've never noticed this before because I've been too busy watching the band!
Look at that crowd!!! There's nothing like 100,000 fans at the beginning of the game!
Here is some pregame video for yall who have never experienced a game at Neyland Stadium. I LOVE all the tradition and enthusiasm!
7 comments:
Amanda - I'm so proud of you for making it through the first night! BTW - I love your hair!
Hey! I will call you next time I am in town - it will be the weekend of the Alabama game. I got very sad on Saturday and wish that I could've been there. I can't wait to hear stories. FYI: Mom said that she saw Eli recently and swears up and down that he is the most beautiful baby. And, she loves your hair too... She says you look great.
I think it's harder for us to adjust to new sleeping patterns than the baby. It took me quite a while to sleep through the night once he began too. I kept waking up.
BTW-Too much orange! :)
Busy, Busy, Busy! Go Vols, love the picture of the 3 of you!
Congrats for getting out! I am sure you had a great time. Aren't grandparents the best?!
The Tennessee game looked like it was fun. We were expecting a phone call after the gators won, but we understand if tears were involved. Eli is adorable by the way!
That was so fun to watch your vidoes. Stone was speachless. Hilarious. Maybe one day he will get to experience the real UT stadium. :)
Post a Comment