Okay... so I know that everyone has a labor day story, so I'll just tell you the part about Eli and his new best friend Noah! As most of you know, I have been dilated 5 - 7cm for 2 weeks now, so Dr. McCollum scheduled to induce us on Wednesday, April 2nd. Tuesday night Jay and I were both very anxious and excited about the induction, so we repacked our bags, got the dogs off to Uncle Thomas's, and made a final trip to Sonic for ice cream. About 10pm we got a text from our good friends the Daugherty's (Mitchell and Susan) saying that they were in triage at Parkwest and Susan was in labor!!! We have been kidding about getting a 2 for 1 deal and how much fun it would be to deliver at Parkwest together! Well, Wednesday morning when we arrived at Parkwest, we found out that Susan was still in labor, so the race was on! They started my Pitocin drip and broke my water around 7am. At 11:00am, Jay and Dad discover that the monitors were not only showing my contractions, but those of all the patients in active labor. So here we go monitoring my contractions (1-2 min apart) and Susan's contractions (3min apart). The progression of both labors was so similar that it was as if the boys were communicating! Baby Noah was born at 12:52 and Baby Eli at 2:04!!! We had the nursing and anesthesia staff running crazy to attend to both of us during the end! Needless to say both families were exhausted after delivery, but we did get to visit each other a few times before we left Parkwest and the pics are precious! This was such a unique experience and a blessing! Noah and Eli will forever share the same birthday and Noah will always be Eli's first friend!!
Jay, Amanda, and Eli Owings
Noah and Eli




5 comments:
Aww congrats! He's a cutie! Hope you're feeling ok. You all look so happy!
Talia (Wright) Nutting
I am so excited for you - he is just precious!! The story about delivery was too cute. Jason and I might be coming to Kingston in June, and I would love to meet him!! Congratulations!!
That is the sweetest thing! How ironic and fun! When I was in labor, Heath kept cheering me on to "beat" the other moms on the monitor. Congrats to both families!
All 6 of you look great! I am so happy everything went well. What an experience and story you guys will all have to remember and tell the little ones.
What an amazing story! How awesome!
Post a Comment