Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3 cm for 3 more weeks?!

Yesterday Jay and I went for my 36 week check-up and guess what! Eli is head down and I am already 3 cm dilated and 70 - 80% effaced! When I first heard this I didn't know how to react.... is this a good thing, bad thing, am I ready for Eli to get here, does this mean I'm going into labor soon, etc... Fortunantly the nurse practitioner knew all these questions were starting to run through my mind, so she spent several minutes going over what this means and what to look for as symptoms of true labor. She also told me that this does not necessarily mean that I will go into labor early, but she followed this with making sure that I had a pediatrician, car seat, and bag packed! :) So keep us in your prayers... I pray Eli is healthy and takes as much time as he needs to make his grand entrance to this world!

8 comments:

Darby said...

How exciting!!! I will definitely keep praying for you, Jay, and Baby Eli!

carrie helle curry said...

march 26th sounds like a good day to come into the world!

Brandi said...

I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!! Good luck with everything and can't wait to see pics of the handsome lil fella :)....You guys will be great parents!!

Casey said...

Yeah,that is exciting!! Brad and I will be praying for the three of you!!

Heather Robinette said...

So exciting! I can't wait to meet my new neighbor. I pray for a safe, smooth delivery and a happy healthy baby boy!!!

Amy Griffin said...

The time is almost here! We can't wait to meet him.

Allison said...

how exciting - i was at 3 cm when i checked in for my induction with andrew but i was only 10-20% effaced. maybe this means your delivery will go quickly! (that is my immediate prayer for you.) we will keep you in our prayers. your life is about to change in such a wonderful way! enjoy every moment :)

hornefamily said...

So exciting! Hope you have a quick delivery like I did, just get to the hospital before you are 9 cm. The epidural is great, I didn't get to enjoy it enough!! Can't wait to meet him.