Last week Eli and I went swimming with Kellye and Cole in Fairfield. Eli is so relaxed he can almost float on his back by himself! It is important to Jay and I that Eli is comfortable in water since we love swimming, boating, kayaking, etc. I'm excited to continue taking Eli swimming and teach him to swim on his own!
This weekend Jay and I also went out in the kayaks. I love being out on the water early in the mornings when the lake is so still and the wildlife is out. We saw several different types of birds including those ducks that dive underwater and pop-up down river. I also love the physicality of kayaking and it is an excellent ab/arm workout! It was FAB! Thanks Gram and Granddaddy for letting us borrow your kayaks and for watching Eli while we played!




5 comments:
The kayakes look like fun, I have never done that. I would think that would be an excellent workout. I am glad Eli is liking the water so far. We are still working on Connor.
I want to go kayaking! That's great that Eli loves the water!
He looks so relaxed in the water! I love the Mommy smiling face too.
How fun, Kiley loves the pool too! I think the quicker you get them in there the more they like it!
Have you ever heard of Infant Swimming Resource? I actually did a post about it because I think it is wonderful. I agree with you about wanting him to feel comfortable in the water at an early age. If I lived near an instructor I would definitely sign up. Check it out here.
http://marriedtothepreacher.blogspot.com/2008/02/infant-swimming-resource.html
Post a Comment