Friday, June 13, 2008

Return of the Beach Bums!

Well, the beach bums are back! We had a fabulous time in Destin with Gram, G-Daddy, Mike, Katie, and Josiah. We stayed in a townhouse right on the beach with lots of room for the babies and a fantastic view. We even got to watch a beach wedding from our balcony one evening. Of course mom took pictures and then found the mother of the bride during the reception to get her e-mail address!!! :) HA! Sorry mom! Too funny! We ate lots of shrimp and seafood at some of our favorite places: the Back Porch and the Lighthouse. FYI... for those of you who haven't been there in a while, Harry T's is no more! I was shocked and very disappointed! We had donuts at the Donut Hole (twice) and did a little shopping at Silver Sands. Eli enjoyed his first beach trip, even though we didn't really spend much time in the sand. I'm more of a concrete and chlorine kinda girl, but I LOVE to sit out on the deck, coffee in hand, book in the other hand, and watch the waves! Here are some of my favorite pics from our trip. I'll put a slide show together if I ever figure out how! :)











5 comments:

Tara said...

Woohoo! Glad to know that you made it back safe and sound! Looks like you all had a great time! I cant believe that about Harry T's- what ever shall we do?!

The Clifton Family said...

I could have told you about Harry T's. I discovered that about 2 years ago. What a shame. But, it looks like you all managed to have a good time despite that tragedy! Adorable pics!

hornefamily said...

Glad you all had a great time. Cute pics. When you figure out the slide show let me know. I haven't figured it out either. It takes so much longer to upload the pics. I am sure there is a trick, but until then, I will just post a bunch of pics as well.

Derek and Michelle said...

Very cute beach pictures!

Amy Griffin said...

love the pictures and it sounds like everyone had fun!