Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thank you Amy Griffin!

I must take this opportunity to virtually kiss the feet of Amy Griffin... Thank you, thank you, thank you! Amy is now preparing for her 3rd child and was such an inspiration and role model to me as I prepared for my 1st. Her children Ella and Jude have always been great sleepers and fun kids to be around. Before Eli was born, she recommended a book to me called "On Becoming Baby Wise". I read it... Jay read it... and we decided that this strategy of "parent directed" feeding and napping would work for us. Well, Eli is 10 weeks old and has slept through the night 4 times in the last week! YEA! He has been going to bed at 10 and I wake him between 6:30 and 7 the next morning. Of course I still get up at least once in the night to check on him, but I'm sure I'll soon get over that. So thank you Amy! Here are some pics of my napping angel. I had to rig a canopy until we get a shade for the arch in Eli's window!

"He's got the whole world in His hands"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never read that book but I'm glad it's working out for you! You are lucky to have an infact that sleeps through the night!

Owings Family said...

Thanks! I feel very lucky. (Just curious, who is anonymous?)

Amy Griffin said...

I am cracking up as I read. I have to forward the credit onto my very baby wise friend Carolee who told ME to read the book!! Thanks for the compliment though and I am VERY happy that he is sleeping so well. I am re-reading!

Casey said...

Yea!! I'm glad that Eli has been sleeping through the night! Drew slept through the night 3 times last week too!! I noticed that you had the rainforest mobile, does Eli like it? I've almost bought it for Drew several times. Does it distract during naptime?

Owings Family said...

Eli loves the rainforest mobile! As a matter of fact, he is in there laughing at it right now! It doesn't seem to distract him during naptime and sometimes he will fall asleep watching it.

Tara said...

Wow, you guys must have some sleeping angels! That is great! I wasnt so lucky, I tried every method known to man and C still wouldnt sleep. Oh well, I am just glad that that is all in the past! He looks so peaceful, aww to be young again!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Woohoo! Another babywiser! We LOVE babywise. I credit it for Kiley sleeping thru the night at 8 weeks! Some people feel it is a little cult like, but we found how it worked for us without obsessing over it! HA! Enjoy all that extra sleep you will get! So glad that you are doing well! He is precious!