Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why I LOVE Being a Mom Today!

Here are some reasons I loved being a mom today:
1. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
2. Sunny day spent doing bible study on back porch while watching Eli in the walker chase the dogs around (also on the back porch).
3. Naptime was easy today!
4. The JOY found in even the simplest or messiest of situations. Example: Eli carting a toothbrush around all day chewing on the wrong end (dentist's kid) and having to give a mid-day bath due to teething biscuit mess!

Son, we're going to have to work on your technique!
The "crab crawl" makes carting this toothbrush around tricky.
If you look closely, you can see Eli's two lower teeth. He's also got one on top, and one about to break through.

THE CULPRIT! Who thought these were a good idea? Had to be a man!
Doesn't he look so proud of himself? And that is the biscuit he's sticking out of his mouth, not his tongue!
YUM!
Again.... too cute to be upset at all!
The hands... ugh... the hands!

4 comments:

Derek and Michelle said...

Those things are so messy, but a lifesaver at times!!

Tara said...

What a fun filled day! WOW! The teething biscuit is a mess... OH MY! I never got to buy these things because Connor was so allergic to anything using milk products. It is so sad that I watch more Mickey Mouse Clubhouse than any other program on my TV! It is cute, but enought already!!! Have a good Valentines Day with your boys!

Natalie said...

I've been meaning to ask you if you have ever read the book "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury? It's a library MUST for a mom with a little boy. WARNING: Have a box of kleenex nearby! Your tender post about precious reminders made me think about this.

Nikki said...

Yeah, we had the same experience but Sailor would also bite really big bites off and it scared me so I quit letting her have them...probably just a good excuse for me not having to clean her up so much!