Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bye, bye 2008!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted! I wish I could say that it's because I've been so busy... but that is only partly true. The real culprit is apathy! I think I'm still recovering from Christmas and just needed some downtime! So to the best of my ability, I'm going to give the "condensed" version of December:

Christmas 2008! We went South the River for our first celebration to visit Gram and Grandaddy. We dressed in our finest redneck Christmas garb and loaded up the Enclave!


I think Eli got every toy in the toystore that makes NOISE and he LOVES it! Thank you everyone for making this such a wonderful 1st Christmas for my baby boy!

Eli also got several toys to ride on! He will grow into them but he is already such a little dare devil and he loves new challenges!



Eli got to meet cousin Kelly and Randy. He was fascinated by Randy's facial hair! We couldn't get a picture of him looking at the camera but I thought this was too cute!

The Wagner family Christmas! Michael, Katie, and Josiah were not able to make it and were greatly missed! It is such a blessing and a gift for Nana and Big Daddy to have us all over for Christmas (and Thanksgiving and Easter......). I LOVE getting to spend this time with family I don't get to see very often. Thanks!

Likewise, the Owings family has a similar tradition of gathering at Aunt Judy's on Christmas Day! There are so many of us that we have to take a girls and a boys picture! Here are the Owings men!

And the Owings women! Notice that all of the next generation are boys: Jared, Joshua, Jackson, Cole, and Eli!

Jay also turned 31 this December on New Years Eve! We had a few friends over to celebrate and played RockStar until the new year!


Eli has also reached two milestones recently!
A TOOTH!!! (FINALLY)
and
CRAWLING
Eli did the "army crawl" for a few weeks before finally getting up on all 3's and crawling! He has his own unique form of crawling that we've named the crab crawl! He's also pulling up on EVERYTHING. Time to baby proof!

4 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

I have been missing you (and Eli) (okay Jay too)! I am glad Eli had a great first Christmas!

carrie helle curry said...

just glad to know you all didnt fall of the face of the blogging world...many many sighs this past month after clicking on your name everyday:)

Derek and Michelle said...

Looks like a great holiday! Missed you.

Allison said...

Braden crawled the same way!!! He crawled that way until he walked :)