Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lots of green, blue, and heartburn too!

I love the 2nd trimester! The blah's, nausea, fatigue, and even vomiting seem like such a distant memory. I have hit my SUPER energy phase during the perfect season: Christmas! I had the tree and house decorated, shopping done, gifts wrapped, and candy made by December 1oth! Can you believe it?

The baby bump is definitely showing... I got my first cautiously asked "are you pregnant?" last week. It's good to know that I look pregnant and not just a little bit fat! Luckily, the baby bump is isolated to my belly right now. No water retention or swelling (yet). :) I do have lots of heartburn! I've never had heartburn and at first I thought I was getting strep throat! I love TUMS! Any suggestions on how to handle heartburn are very, very welcome!

Last weekend Jay finished painting the nursery and he did such a good job. I decided that I wanted to have horizontal stripes and it was a beast! It took us about 6 hours to tape the room off, but it was well worth it. I'll post pics later!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cade has horizontal stripes, too! But we found it so frustrating that he actually just has a horizontal stripe accent wall:) Taping that is a pain!

Tara said...

Yahoo! I am so glad you are on here now! Another blogging buddy to add to my list. I am so happy for you guys and everything you are about to experience! Boys are so fun too! I know you all are glad to have another in the family so they will be best friends! By the way the horizontal stripes look fantastic! I like Kelly wanted them too, but we settled on one because Brad WOULDNT do any more! As for the heartburn, sorry no remedies that I know of except LOTS OF TUMS day and night! Your baby must have hair if Connor is any example of that. I had never experience this either until pregnancy. It stinks!! By the way I hear you look great! Take care and get your rest NOW!
Tara

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I had really bad heartburn too. The tums never helped me, so I had to resort to a Pepcid AC everyday, my doctor said it was fine...so you might want to try that! I feel for you, that is so miserable!

Gerberding said...

Eli's nursery is sooooo cute. I love the colors you are using. We can't wait to meet him.
Lots of love
Gerberding family